Nowadays, containerised systems are often used in the electrical sector due to their clear cost advantages in planning, erection, installation and unbeatable mobility. The option of re-using a portable electrical solution in similar load-profile applications makes containerised electrical power and control systems a very appealing approach for consultants and end-users.
Utilizing containers as electric rooms is a method used in remote and harsh environments where deploying a complete civil and electrical project is not an option or when indoor space building space is not available.
Due to containers can be easily transported anywhere, containerized electrical solutions are likely to be installed in remote locations where permanent qualified staff is restricted due to mobilization’s cost.
Containerised Power Solutions
- Gas-Insulated HV switchgear & MV switchgear, up to 36kV.
- SCADA, protection, control and metering
- Power distribution transformers
- LV switchgear, up to 1000V
- Motor control centres, motor starters and variable frequency drives.
- Control System and I/O panels.
- UPS and DC power supplies.
- Fire detections and extinguishing.
- HVAC ( heating, ventilation, air conditioning).
- Internal and external lighting.
- Solar Photovoltaic Substations
- Mobile Substations
DC Power Systems into Containers
Why DC Power is Essential at Remote Locations?
Having an onsite DC Backup Power is the most reliable and cost-effective way to ensure the continuity of critical services when there is disruption of the electric power supply. Depending on the backup time, staff in charge of the site will need to assess the reason for the power outage and make a plan depending on how long the mains will be out.
Time is critical in remote applications and that is why having fully monitorable and controllable dc power systems is paramount. Helios’ hot-swappable DC Power Systems with battery backup are based on a modular design, which is easy to install and maintain. It can be configured to match the required power and capacity requirements of the client’s application.
Critical DC Loads
- Protection Relays ( feeder, transformer, motor , busbar differential, Synchro-nism, generation …)
- Communications Systems.
- Emergency Lighting.
- Fire detection and extinguish systems.
- Measurement and Monitoring units.
- Shut-off valves
- Circuit breakers operating motors.
- Arc protection device
- Temperature control
The SOL SERIES – modular battery charger system is aimed to meet the high specifications required for providing a reliable and efficient source of DC power. Check out some of the benefits and advantages of using The Helios SOL SERIES in containerised electrical applications:
- Convection Cooled or compact fan cooled.
- Compact size , Hot-swappable power modules.
- From 12U to 47U cabinets and Wall Mount Option available up to 18U.
- Automatic battery condition test, remote communications and alarm contacts to improve the entire management process for the end customer.
- DC UPS batteries available in stock.
110VDC Battery Charging System Fitted in Container With 4 Hours Autonomy
DC UPS 38U 5.5kW 110VDC OUTPUT / 400VAC Three Phase Input For 11kV Switchgear Protection
19” rack solution to house batteries and charging equipment as well as DC distribution panel. The cabinet will have to be suitably seismic rated. The station battery and charger system will be a single battery system comprising one 200% rated capacity battery bank, plus one 200% rated battery charger, and accessories.
The DC solution shall provide the following alarm output contacts for the principal’s use:
- Power supply failure ( to the monitoring system).
- System Voltage/current abnormal.
- Battery condition abnormal ( self-diagnostic facility).
- Battery temperature abnormal.
Distribution for powering 8 panel 11kV switchgear DC loads and SEL700 Series re-lays, motor protection, feeder status indications and metering functionality over Ethernet to the Plant SCADA System.
38U 1889mm H x 600mm W x 800mm D Sol Series Battery Charging System with 4 hours backup battery housed in the same cabinet with distribution and battery protection.
CAB741 is a 5.5kW 125VDC convection cooled float charger in a 38U 19” Floor
Mount cabinet. The system comprises of a CXC HP controller, HV-ADIO unit, five 1.1kW 125VDC rectifiers in a 6U 19” rectifier rack with AC distribution and a 3U 19” DC distribution panel.
The charger’s output is set to 123.12VDC at 25°C (124.2VDC @ 20°C) and will be adjusted by the temperature compensation feature of the unit. The temperature sensor is connected to the charger by 3.5m lead and needs to be fitted to the battery bank.
- Five Hot swappable 1.1 kW rectifiers modules.
- Fully programable controller with TCP/IP MODBUS+ ethernet/ SNMP.
- 9 x 12V 100Ah Batteries.
- I/0 Peripherals.
- Distribution rack.