We are delighted to announce the new OPUS HE 5U DC Power System which consists of MHE rectifiers, VIDI2 controllers, connections for mains and 1 full current battery string, and bulk screw terminal for external load distribution. Available as a 19″ 5U rack-mountable package, the system delivers a maximum 6 kW output power at 48, 60, 110, 125 and 220 VDC, and 4.5 kW at 24 VDC output. The base system supports up to three (3) MHE series high efficiency rectifiers, but may be expanded by using the 5U Slave Rack in a master-slave configuration, increasing the power capability to 16 kW.
The OPUS HE 5U rack power system provides free air convection cooling, N+1 redundancy and is the ideal backup power solution for critical infrastructure applications such as transmission and distribution substations, process industries, railway signaling and substations, and telecommunications.
- Efficiency up to 97%
- Natural convection cooled – fan free
- Standard output voltages: 24, 48, 60, 110, 125 and 220 VDC
- Max 6 kW output power, 4.5 kW for 24 VDC models:
- Expandable to 16 kW with the 5 module slave rack in a master-slave setup
- N+1 redundancy
- Battery connection: 1 string with full current
- 19″ Load distribution panels for local panel builders
- Options: Battery LVD, temperature sensor, wall mounting & IP21 cover kit
- EMC ratings:
Rack: EN61439-1, EN61439-2
Rectifiers: EN 61000-6-1 / -2 / -3 / -4 / -5
EN50121-4 Rail, ETSI EN 300386 (48/60V)
- Safety ratings:
Rack: EN61439-1, EN61439-2
Rectifiers: EN 62368-1, EN 50124-1 rail
Main Components of OPUS HE 5U
- Efficiency up to 97%
- Fan-free convection cooling
- MTBF 1800000h @ 25 Deg C, Telcordia SR-332
- Standard output variants 24V, 48V, 60V, 110V, 125V and 220VDC
- 2000W output power, 1500 W at 24V
- Input voltage range 85 – 300 VAC
- Digital communication over CAN bus with VIDI master controller
- Flexible design with full front cabling
- EMC Standards:
Generic EN 61000-6-1/ -2/ -3/ -4
Power Utility EN 61000-6-5, surge level 2
Railway EN 50121-4
Telecom ETSI EN 300 386
- Safety Standards:
EN 50124-1 Railway insulation coordination
- Universal Controller for all 24 – 220 VDC OPUS DC Power Systems
- Modular structure for design flexibility
- Sophisticated user interface
- Local and remote operation
- 2.7″ default display, Touch screen Service panels 7″ and 10,1″
- Comprehensive features and alarms
- Large event log with real-time clock time stamps
- Web interface, Ethernet TCP/IP, Modbus, SNNMP, RS-232
- IEC 61850 SCADA compatibility
- User configurable alarms and settings
- Multi-language feature (English, Finnish, Russian + custom translations)
- Rail approved, TÜV EN50124-1, EN50121-4, EN50121-5
One of our Custom Made Solution Using OPUS HE 5U
CAB 912 42U 48Vdc 4kW DC Power System/DC UPS for rugged environments
CAB912 is 42U 4kW 48VDC battery charger with distribution in a 42U 19” 600mm W x 800mm D floor mount cabinet. The charger consists of an Opus HE 48-6.0 R5U F rack with two IEMHE 48-2000 2kW convection cooled, hot swappable rectifiers, battery monitoring and an IEVIDI2 system controller.
The system is equipped with a 230VAC cabinet light with door switch protected by a 6A MCB mounted in the front of the cabinet. A 230VAC socket outlet is provided in the AC distribution panel and it is protected by a 10A 2P RCBO.
The cabinet is equipped with a cooling unit with a 230VAC extractor fan The charging system is installed in a 42U x 600W x 800D cabinet with a Perspex front door and a steel rear panel.
The IEVIDI2 controller is used to configure, control, and monitor the Opus system and associated components. It also provides a user interface and monitoring via the UIF control panel, MODBUS or SNMP communications and relay outputs and inputs.
The battery monitoring unit VIDI-BM is connected to the VIDI2 controller via a CAN bus and the VIDI2 takes care of the battery monitoring.
The 48V 155Ah internal battery bank consists of 4 x 12V 155Ah NSB155FT HT RED batteries mounted on a single battery shelf in the bottom of the charger cabinet. A Hold Down Bracket for the batteries keeps them secure. Battery test points are provided in the form of DU2.5 terminals mounted next to the batteries on the rail. An internal 125A 2P battery MCB and a Low Voltage Disconnect (LVD) protects the batteries against deep discharges or high currents.
The 48Vdc distribution consists of 3 and 2 poles MCB’s with auxiliary switches to monitor the status of the MCB’s. The MCB’s auxiliary contacts are linked into a single signal monitored by the VIDI2 controller. A 48VDC Surge Arrestor protects the DC bus against surges, the condition of the surge arrestor is monitored by the VIDI2 controller.
The following alarms are provided:
- Mains Fault
- DC High
- DC Low
- Earth Fault
- Rectifier Fault
- Surge Pro Failed
- Load MCB Open on voltage free contacts wired out to terminal breakout board.
All alarms are remoted monitored by Modbus TCP/IP and local monitored with the display of the Vidi ControllerFully Customised DC & AC Power Systems Brochure