NSB High-Temperature Red Battery
12V 40Ah – 212Ah | 15 Years Design Life
High temperatures can severely reduce the life of a battery, driving up maintenance and replacement costs, not to mention the unwanted downtime. And keeping batteries in an optimal 20⁰-35⁰C (68⁰-95⁰F) temperature range can be expensive, or sometimes impossible depending on the site. The NSB HT RED Battery® provides exceptional performance and long float life, even at elevated temperatures. This means huge potential cost savings, due to reduced battery replacement, cooling and maintenance. Conventional lead-acid batteries use lead alloys with additives which increase the strength so they can withstand handling during the battery making process. The downside of using these alloys and additives is that the batteries suffer from faster corrosion and component ageing.
Northstar advanced manufacturing process eliminates the need for alloys and additives – our AGM thin plate pure lead technology delivers larger and thinner plates, which means more surface area for active material reactions, which increases power density.
Pure Lead – High Temp Technology
NSB HT Red Battery batteries have been designed with thin plate pure lead electrodes that ensure long float life due to the enhanced corrosion resistance afforded by the pure lead grid material.
In addition, the design has been optimised for continuous operation at elevated temperature, up to 45°C, by employing heat resistant plastics for the battery containers and lids. These plastics take advantage of non-brominated flame retardant agents whilst maintaining the highest V0 Flame Retardancy level. The benefits of the design also include exceptional high rate capability, rapid & efficient recharge and recovery from extended deep discharges.
The NSB HT RED Battery is ideal for use in a range of applications, including telecom backup, cableTV, emergency lighting, railway, oil and gas and more.
- Pure lead electrochemistry greatly increases temp and corrosion resistance, while reducing component aging
- Thin plates deliver large surface area, high power density and low resistance
- Design life 15+ years at 20°C (68°F)
- Extra-long life at high temp operation 40°C (104°F)
- High cyclic performance
- Fast recharging
- Shelf life of up to 24 months
- Operating temperature range -40°C to +65°C (-40°F to 149°F)
- State-of-the-art automated manufacturing ensures consistency and reliability
- Advanced 3 stage terminal design to ensure leak-free operation – brass terminals provide maximum performance
- High modulus Polyphenylene Oxide (PPO) plastic materials designed to withstand extended elevated operating temperatures and maintain high battery compression essential for reliable operation
- Non-halogenated, thermally sealed plastic casing
- Flame retardant (UL 94 VO) and LOI of at least 28%
- Approved as non-hazardous cargo for ground, sea, and air transport – DOT 49CFR173.159(d), (i) and (ii)